Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mitch & Bethany

"If you could do anything right now, what would you do?"
"I would make love."
"Ha!"
"What, hey!?"
"That's just pretty sweet, dude. Not 'have sex' or 'fuck some' or 'bone like rabbits', but 'make love'."
"'Bone like rabbits'?"
"It's a euphemism, I hear."
"From who?!"
"From you!"
"..." ... "Oh."
"Ha!"
"Whatever! So what would you do--if anything?"
"Well I would make love," I responded with a facetious-feeling grin.
"Oh yeah?! Who with?"
"With myself--I'm the best I've had yet! Hey what about you, big guy? Since you apparently had some specific body in mind, hmm? Indie?"
"No... Never mind, forget it."

I blinked at my friend in surprise at his indicative and sudden bashfulness. I decided to risk goading him on a bit anyway. "You were totally gonna say with me!"

He turned beet red at this unexpected turn of his skirting flirtatious efforts, but then reminded me why I liked him. "So what?" he asked simply.

"Where would you have sex with me, dude!? We're at a freakin' coffee shack!"
"I said, 'make love'," (he insisted,) still red.
I looked at him until he looked back up again to meet my eyes. I had quit pretending to laugh, for the moment.
"Where?"
"In my bed," with less hesitation.
"How long have you been thinking about this?"

"Since I woke up this morning. I was just laying there and it dawned on me that I wanted you with me." The son of a bitch looked at me the whole time he said it. My freakin' stomach tightened, which I didn't expect, but I took it (well).

"Are you gonna tell me about it, then?"
"Would you like me to?"
"Yeah," I said.
"Alright," he said.

You would have been sleeping still, and I begin quietly because I don't want/I'm not ready to wake you up (yet). I run the pads of my fingers softly down the line of your jaw, then follow the rail with my tongue as slow as I can, tasting you. You wake up instantly, like I knew you would, and I can tell because you are no longer breathing. But you don't move, and you keep your eyes closed. The scent of you skin reminds me of myself and your silent encouragement convinces me to ignore the slamming in my chest. I lick my lips and press them against your throat, feeling the sudden motion/movement of your pulse.

I open my mouth very slightly and bring a small flavor of you between my lips, moving at the same time into a better position. Still laying on my side, I close the distance between us so that I am pressing against the side of you as you lay on your back, almost shaking it seems to me. With one hand I lift the thin sheet that still covers your chest and I move my mouth slowly away from your neck, lowering my lips near the top of your breasts and kissing you there, just below your collarbone. With my free arm I encircle your fast rising and falling rib cage, letting myself brush across your nipples and watching your whole body react to that tiny touch. I look up at your face and see that your eyes are squeezed tight now, but at some point you had resumed shallow breathing. I duck down before you can recover and close the whole warmth of my mouth over your right nipple. I almost lose it when your body spasms against me, jerking your hips upward and making you gasp sharply. Your eyes snap open then and after only a moment your hands find my face and you pull my mouth to yours, kissing me for the first time as I finally move to place myself gently over you. Pressing down slowly, I feel that my hands are shuddering now.

Sheet still between us, you start to squirm as though impatient beneath me, even while your arms have found their way around the back of my neck, keeping me where I am. Right before I think you'd just as well kill me then move one more time like that, at last you loose one of your soft hands, moving/placing it between us to stroke me. I moan wretchedly into our still-joined mouths and you press yourself upward again, somehow freeing one of your legs from the sheet and wrapping it around my waist. So sweetly inviting now, I feel your lips gently/finally press a smile into mine.

[While we only pretend, to pretend.]

No comments: